White Mausu Peanut Rayu, one of our favourite Irish food products, makes an easy, flavour-packed dressing for this fresh and simple salad.
White Mausu Peanut Rayu
Peanut Rayu is a kick-in-the-pants flavour parade made of peanuts, sesame, tamari, honey, chilli flakes and crispy garlic that can be used as a sauce, condiment or dressing.
And even though the ingredient combination is inspired by various Asian cultures and cuisines, the product itself is uniquely Irish—it’s made in Dublin by White Mausu, the food company created by Chef Katie Sanderson.
For this salad recipe, we’ve gone with bright and fresh flavours to contrast the spicy, complex flavours of the Peanut Rayu. Serve this salad alongside roast chicken, steak, grilled tofu or veggie burgers with a side of brown rice to make a very satisfying meal.
Grapefruit and Avocado Salad with Peanut Rayu Dressing
Serves 2-4 depending on how much food you serve with it
- 2 Grapefruit
- 2 ripe Avocados
- A handful of Toasted Coconut Flakes
- A few tablespoons of Peanut Rayu
- A handful of fresh Coriander
- Flaky Sea Salt, to taste
1. Peel the grapefruit then segment over a bowl to catch the escaping juices. Scoop the avocado flesh from its peel, then slice into strips. Gently toss the avocado in the bowl with the grapefruit juice.
2. Arrange sliced grapefruit and avocado on a serving platter, sprinkle over the toasted coconut flakes, use a fork to drizzle over the Peanut Rayu, then scatter over the fresh coriander and salt to taste.
Time to eat! This salad tastes best when it’s freshly made.