Marilyn Glenville - Natural Alternatives to Sugar
Dr Marilyn Glenville, the UK’s leading nutritionist specialising in women’s health, gives you all the information you need about sugar and how it affects your health.
Sadly, as much as you might love sugar, your body doesn’t. The overload of sugar in your diet is putting your health and even your life at risk and is largely to blame for our rising levels of stress and premature ageing including cancer, Alzheimer's, heart disease, diabetes and overweight.
Inside you will discover:
- What is ‘sugar’?
- What effects does sugar have on your health?
- How sugar can increase your risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity
- Just how ‘natural’ are ‘natural’ sweeteners? – The answer may surprise you.
- Can supplements help curb your cravings?
- A simple 5 day sugar detox plan
- 36 delicious sweet recipes made without sugar
Chapter 1 – The history of sugar
Chapter 2 – What is sugar
Chapter 3 – What is the problem with sugar?
Chapter 4 – Sugar and weight gain
Chapter 5 – Sugar and heart disease
Chapter 6 – Sugar and Type 2 diabetes
Chapter 7 – Sugar and Alzheimer’s/dementia
Chapter 8 – Sugar and cancer
Chapter 9 – Sugar and stress
Chapter 10 – Sugar and ageing
Chapter 11 – What are the alternatives?
Chapter 12 – Reading food labels
Chapter 13 – What to eat to control sugar cravings
Chapter 14 – The 5 day sugar detox
Chapter 15 – Should you take supplements?
Chapter 16 – Sugar free recipes