Who doesn’t love a good cheese and wine evening at home? The problem is, putting together an indulgent cheeseboard that’s brimming with tasty, high-quality accompaniments can require a trip to several different shops. What should be a relaxed evening of stress-free food prep quickly becomes a marathon of a chore. We thought about how you, no matter where you live, deserve access to exceptional indulgences, and came up with a plan...
More convenient & better quality
To get the quality of ingredients you want for an indulgent cheese and wine evening, do you find yourself buying cheese in one shop, wine in another, bread in another, olives and dried fruit in another (and so on and so on)...? Or, are you limited to what a conventional supermarket offers? Even if you can get Irish cheeses, maybe their bread is filled with additives and preservatives, or they don’t carry a strong selection of organic wine.
So that’s why we’ve made it possible for you to go online and order everything you need for a luxurious cheese and wine evening to be delivered to your home.
And, vegans, we've got you covered with plant-based options.
The only work required of you is to unpack the box and arrange the foods on your favourite serving boards or platters.
Put your perfect cheese and wine evening together by selecting one or two items from each category:
Artisan Irish cheese classics:
2. Bread & Biscuits
Seeded biscuits and our homemade bread are a lovely complement to cheese. Or keep it simple but tasteful with plain oatcakes.
- Organico’s Life-Changing Bread
- Nairn’s Organic Oatcakes
- Sheridans Rye & Linseed Crackers
- Sheridans Mixed-Seed Crackers
- Finn Crisp Thins Sourdough Rye
3. Olives & Pickled Foods
Introduce a complex savoury element with:
- Real Olive Co. Large Green Olives Stuffed with Garlic
- Real Olive Co. Greek Kalamata Olives
- Real Olive Co. Pitted Black Moroc Olives
- Baby Onions in Balsamic Vinegar
- Organic Gherkins Sweet Sour
Accentuate the nutty notes of the cheese, or add an unexpected sweet contrast with:
- Zaytoun - Fairtrade Caramelised Roasted Almonds
- Organic Salted Mixed Nuts with Macadamia
- Organic Almonds
- Organic Roasted Hazelnuts
- Organic Walnuts
5. Dried Fruit
Dried fruit and cheese are a match made in heaven.
6. Jam & Chutney & Honey
Honey is a classic cheeseboard feature, but don’t be afraid to mix it up with a fruity cheese-friendly jam or chutney.
- Sheridans Chutney
- Beeactiv Raw Ivy Honey
- Wild Irish Foragers & Preservers Dandelion Flower Preserve
- Wild Irish Foragers & Preservers Meadowsweet Pot
- St Dalfour Fig Jam
- St Dalfour Black Cherry Jam
Because what’s an evening with cheese and wine without some luxurious—not to mention ethical—chocolate?
- Original Beans - Cru Virunga
- Booja Booja Fin De Champagne Truffles
- Exploding Tree Creamy Oat Dairy Free Fairtrade Chocolate
- Lorge Handmade Chocolate Bars - Almond
- Divine Dark Chocolate After Dinner Ginger Thins
8. Wine & Non-alcoholic Drinks
Although there are always exceptions to any rule, in general:
- Sparkling wines suit a wide variety of cheeses—those bubbles deliciously contrast the fatty mouthfeel of cheese.
- Red wines are easier to pair with strongly-flavoured, robust cheeses and accompaniments such as olives.
- White wines marry well with more delicate flavours: milder cheeses, dried fruit, and sweeter spreads.
- For more details, see Wine Folly's 6 Tips on Pairing Wine and Cheese
And for a delicious sparkling drink with no alcohol:
How to turn your selection into a gift
We bet that if you ordered a hamper filled with your own selection of cheese, accoutrements, and wine to be delivered to a friend, it would be a gift they would never forget.
To turn your selection into a gift, email us at email@example.com and include the following information:
- A note letting us know you’re ordering a hamper—so we’ll pack your selection in one of our reusable jute shopping bags
- The name of your friend receiving the hamper, and the message you’d like to include in the gift—be sure to include your name so they’ll know who the gift is from!
- A list of the items you’ve chosen to go into the hamper
To cut down on the waste that ends up in a landfill, we won’t use cellophane, tissue paper, or extraneous ribbons and stickers to pack the hamper. We’ll simply arrange the selection in the jute bag and pad the shipment with repurposed packing materials we receive from our suppliers. So you can send your friend a gift that bears a lighter environmental footprint than your ordinary hamper.
Time to relax and indulge
Whether you’re planning cheese and wine for a quiet, cosy evening by the fireplace, or a gathering of the friends who always make you smile, you can take the stress out of preparing for the occasion by ordering everything online. That means more time for you to relax and indulge in the loveliness of the moment.