We know how confusing the world of CBD oil products can be—for regular users and first-timers. So we’ve created this guide to help you get to know the brands we carry. And, you have the chance to win a free bottle!
First things first:
What is CBD Oil, anyway?
- CBD oil is a food supplement made of a herb-based oil extracted from the flowers, stalks and leaves of hemp.
And, how is that different from hemp oil?
- Ah, good question. Hemp oil is a cold-pressed oil made from the seeds of the hemp plant.
Will I get high from CBD oil?
- Nope. CBD oil doesn't have psychoactive properties. CBD and THC are both cannabinoids from the cannabis family of plants, but THC produces a 'high' and CBD doesn't.
So, what’s all the hype with CBD oil about?
- That would be the research which shows that the non-hallucinogenic cannabinoids in CBD oil affect the endocannabinoid system.
Last question: CBD oil and medicinal cannabis—one and the same?
- Not at all. The biggest difference is that medicinal cannabis has a psychoactive effect (due to high levels of THC) and CBD oil doesn't.
You can find more details about CBD oil in our primer on the blog.
Now for an overview of the brands we carry at Organico:
We get a lot of questions about Charlotte’s Web — and for good reason! This US-based company is one of the best-known brands of CBD oil. That’s probably because they make products of high quality and great integrity. The most frequent question you’ve been asking us about this brand is ‘when will you have more in stock’? Ah, the joys of dealing with international borders…
Unfortunately, US customs locked down recent orders of Charlotte’s Web, which means we can’t get a hold of a new shipment—for the time being. We remain hopeful that the ban is just a temporary one. In the meantime, we’ll continue the work to restock our Charlotte’s Web range asap. Take a look at what’s still available:
Many of you who used to rely on Charlotte’s Web now use Improve Me, and we think that’s a good testament to the quality of this brand.
And, good news: Improve Me just started sourcing their oils in Europe so we don’t have to worry about our supply (yay!).
They supply CBD oil products which are free of chemicals and produced from organically grown hemp.
We carry Improve Me in oil, vape and capsule forms.
Finally, a certified organic CBD Oil! It’s made by MediHemp, a company in Austria, that crafts CBD products among the best quality and most comprehensive in Europe.
Medihemp processes all parts of the hemp plant — even the lower parts are converted into textiles, organic fertilizers and building materials — so nothing goes to waste. They work directly with organic farmers to ensure premium quality and they rely on independent laboratory testing. They manufacture their own products from certified organic raw materials in their own factory in Austria.
We carry Medihemp CBD and CBG oils, each at an excellent price point and value.
Did you know Ireland has its very own CBD manufacturer? Celtic Wind in Co. Louth grow their own hemp for their CBD oil products.
Though not certified organic, the company recognizes the influence of their hemp cultivation on the ecology of the local environment, so they don’t use herbicides or pesticides.
We’re proud to support this Irish company and to offer you Celtic Wind oil and capsules.
Harmony is a leading pioneer in manufacturing high-quality CBD E-Liquid. The company’s mission is to make premium CBD widely available through innovative products.
We carry a Harmony CBD Vape Pen plus several CBD Vape E-Liquids in various flavours.
Sensi Seeds also manufacture premium CBD E-Liquid. The company, based in Amsterdam, uses organically grown hemp and they maintain a seedbank to preserve the genetic diversity of their cultivars.
You can find our Sensi Seeds E-liquid here.
We’re always on the lookout for great CBD products so we hope to provide you with even more brands soon (minus the headaches of dealing with US customs).
Did you say ‘giveaway’?
We sure did!
Celtic Wind, Ireland’s very own CBD company, generously provided us with 6 of their 30-ml bottles of oil for us to give away.
This is a very special opportunity to win a bottle of CBD oil which regularly retails for €79.95, in a size that will last a good while.
You can enter using the form below. The competition will stay open until midnight on June 30th, 2018, and we'll email the winners on July 2nd.
Organico's CBD OIL Giveaway!
To be eligible to win, you must live in Ireland, answer a simple question and subscribe to our newsletter.
Competition is now closed, thanks to everyone who entered! Winners will be contacted directly.
- Closing date is midnight on the 30th of June 2018
- You must live in Ireland to enter
- To enter you must answer a multiple choice question correctly and subscribe to our newsletter
- One prize will be awarded to a total of six winners
- No purchase necessary
- Winners will be selected at random from the correct entries
- Each of our six winners will receive a prize of one 30ml bottle of Celtic Wind CBD Oil (regular retail value €79.95)
- No cash alternative is available
- Winner will be notified by email on the 2nd of July
- Prizes will be posted once winners have provided an address
And that’s it (for now) from the world of CBD oil.
Next week: a post that explores a small change that will lead to a huge difference—for the better—in our environmental impact. We’re looking forward to it!