Are you confused about CBD oil vs medicinal cannabis? It's not surprising if you are! To help we have put together a cheat sheet so you know what you are talking about at the dinner table:
- Is a herbal product
- Is extracted from HEMP not CANNABIS (although confusingly, the Latin for Hemp is Cannabis Sativa)
- Is Legal in Ireland (phew!)
- Contains Cannabinoids, which are not hallucinogenic
- Research has shown that cannabinoids work on the endocannabinoid system
- Does not contain THC which is what makes it different to medicinal or illegal cannabis - basically means no HIGH (though THC might also have other effects, it's not completely clear yet)
- Is being sold as a FOOD SUPPLEMENT in Ireland
The Charlotte’s web product range comes from the US, they are the top of the range products, but they are still good value as each bottle contains 1 or 2 months supply (for the 30ml bottles)
- Cannabinoids are the primary chemical compounds produced by the cannabis plant and the hemp plant and there are more than 85 identified cannabinoids. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the most well known cannabinoid produced by the cannabis plant, and is the ONLY psychoactive cannabinoid. Of the 85+ non-psychoactive cannabinoids, Cannabidiol (CBD) is the most widely known.
- Charlotte's Web is a whole hemp extract which contains the whole range of cannabinoids
- The company have developed their own strain of hemp, and oversee the entire process from growing to harvesting to manufacturing and then test each batch before it is sold - ending up with a high quality guaranteed product
- Charlotte's Web products are safe for children. The Charlotte’s Web™ line of hemp extract products are named after Charlotte Figi. Charlotte’s Web™ has proven to be safe for Charlotte and many other children (including infants) and this is one of the reasons why Charlotte’s Web™ is The World’s Most Trusted Hemp Extract™.
More information about hemp products can be found here