Musings on juicing!
- Carrots don't yield much juice but it tastes great and if you mix one carrot with half an apple and juice them most kids will drink it and enjoy it
- Beetroot are pretty strong; personally I love the flavour but it can be a bit 'earthy' for some people. One small beetroot packs quite a punch. You have to cut beetroot up fairly small as it is very dense.
- Celery is also fairly strong, but is incredibly health (so is beetroot!) so it is worth it!
- Too much spinach in one go clogs up my juicer
- Too much parsley can have a laxative effect.
- Lime, lemon and orange juice all contain vitamin C which will help prevent oxidation which helps preserve the benefits of juice if you are not drinking it immediately.
- For extra greens you can juice dandelion leaves, sorrel leaves, even nasturtium leaves...(haven't tried nasturtium yet though!)
- Kids love feeding veg into a juicer!
The next post will be on the health benefits of different juices...